Although the vast majority of DUI cases in Nevada are charged as a misdemeanor, certain DUI offenses can be charged as a felony. A third DUI offense within seven years of the first offense can be charged as a felony.
The bail at the Clark County Detention Center is usually set at $5,000 for a third DUI within seven years.
Las Vegas Third DUI Lawyer
If you were arrested for a 3rd DUI in Las Vegas, Nevada, then contact an experienced criminal defense attorney at Gallo Law Office. The goal in these cases is getting the charges reduced to a less serious charge or getting the charges dismissed entirely.
Call today at (702) 385-3131 to schedule a free consultation. We represent clients throughout Clark County, including Las Vegas, Henderson and North Las Vegas.
Clark County Third DUI Information
- Penalties for a 3rd Time Felony DUI
- Nevada’s Felony DUI Court
- Finding an Attorney for a Third DUI in Las Vegas
A third DUI within three years is classified as a category B felony punishable as follows:
- Imprisonment: Commitment in Nevada State prison for one to six years:
- Fines: The fines imposed by the court are from $2,000 to $5,000;
- Evaluation: An alcohol & drug evaluation.
- VIP: The Court may impose a requirement that the defendant attend a presentation sponsored by Mother’s Against Drunk Driving (MADD) that explains the impact of DUI on the community;
- The Ignition Interlock Device must be installed for up to three years;
- Suspension: A three year driver’s license suspension or revocation; and
- Registration Suspension; A five-day registration suspension.
The Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles will also impose a three year driver’s license suspension.
In some jurisdictions, including Clark County, the courts have created felony DUI courts that allow a person accused to avoid prison by completing rigorous rehabilitation programs that can last for three to five years. Felony DUI court also requires house arrest, counseling and frequent court appearances.
Because the case is a felony, you have the right to a jury trial. The right to a jury trial gives the defense a huge advantage in the negotiations. Find an attorney experienced in fighting DUI cases aggressively.
If you were arrested for a third DUI in Las Vegas, Nevada, then contact a criminal defense attorney at the Law Office of James C. Gallo. Call for a free consultation to discuss the facts of your case.